Gatherings are part working bee, part finding out more about Commonground and part good fun. Gatherings provide an opportunity for kindred spirits to gather together. Gatherings also enable people to help look after Commonground. Without the help of people like you we would not be able to keep supporting all the groups we do at Commonground.
How do Gatherings work?
A variety of jobs will be available over the weekend so that people can follow their interests and skills. Meals are shared communally and with good conversations, and games and music often happening in the evenings, Gatherings are a fun and welcoming social experience.
Commonground is located near Tallarook/Seymour, just over one hour north of Melbourne. Accommodation will be provided. We just ask you to bring your own bedding and towels and enough food to share for communal meals over the weekend. (Or if you can't bring food with you, you can pay $10 - 20 a day to cover food costs.)
Next Gathering Date:
After a big 2016 Festival year and a really busy venue hosting many amazing groups, we are making space for Gatherings from Spring. Please join the mailing list to be informed of future Gatherings.
To book your place, email firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Gathering booking' in the subject line and all of the following information:
- Names of all people you are booking for
- Ages of any children in your group
- Any dietary requirements (all meals will be vegetarian)
- Any preferences regarding room sharing
- If you (and your family/group) will be here for Friday's dinner, supplied by Commonground
- If you will be travelling by public transport and need a pick up, or are cycling and therefore need us to provide bedding.
Please only book in if you can definitely make it, as we won't be able to re-allocate places at late notice. Once you have booked in we will email you with further details, including directions on how to get to Commonground.