Gatherings are part working bee, part finding out more about Commonground and part good fun. Gatherings provide an opportunity for kindred spirits to gather together. Gatherings also enable people to help look after Commonground. Without the help of people like you we would not be able to keep supporting all the groups we do at Commonground.
How do Gatherings work?
A variety of jobs will be available over the weekend so that people can follow their interests and skills. Meals are shared communally and with good conversations, and games and music often happening in the evenings, Gatherings are a fun and welcoming social experience.
Commonground is located near Tallarook/Seymour, just over one hour north of Melbourne. Accommodation will be provided. We just ask you to bring your own bedding and towels and enough food to share for communal meals over the weekend. (Or if you can't bring food with you, you can pay $20 a day to cover food costs.)
Next Gathering: Winter Solstice 22-24 June 2018
Winter solstice means fires, hearty food, full dams, red wine, all sorts of wonderful things.
- From the afternoon of Friday 22nd to afternoon of Sunday 24th June (we request guests are able to stay till after lunch on Sunday)
- We will have a big fire and ceremony for the Solstice
- Our Gatherings always involve a mix of work, play, connection, food and fun!
- There will be a range of different jobs to be done over the weekend with a mix of inside and outside and for different physical and skill abilities.
- Please bring relevant clothing for all weather.
- Please bring food to share (pre-prepared meals are great) or $20/day to contribute
- You will need to bring bedding, sheets, towels (swimmers if you're keen).
- We will take a dam-dive early Sunday morning, rain, hail, shine, or ice! (Your participation is optional)
- Please note you must contact us to express interest in attending
Please only book in if you can definitely make it, as we won't be able to re-allocate places at late notice. Once you have booked in we will email you with further details, including directions on how to get to Commonground.
To book your place, email email@example.com with 'Gathering booking' in the subject line and all of the following information:
- Names of all people you are booking for
- Ages of any children in your group
- Any dietary requirements (all meals will be vegetarian)
- Any preferences regarding room sharing
- If you (and your family/group) will be here for Friday's dinner, supplied by Commonground
- If you will be travelling by public transport and need a pick up, or are cycling and therefore need us to provide bedding.
*Gatherings always book out so please ensure you make contact as soon as possible.